Saturday 5 October 2013

unacceptable - לא מקובל

Some people think that working to change same-sex attraction means not accepting oneself - that he sees himself as unacceptable.

But you know what is really unacceptable? The voices of shame that I've been carrying with me for most of my life - voices that tell me "you're not good enough," "you don't get to play with us," "you're a bad person," "I'm better than you," etc. I can identify where I got these voices from, and I can rise up.

As a little boy for some reason I couldn't rise up. So I medicated the horrible pain by creating romantic stories and developing sexual feelings. Same-sex attraction was there to help me.

But now, these voices still ring in my head. And now I can choose, instead of to go to an erotic place to self medicate, to rise up against these voices in my head and defend myself and my dignity.

יש אנשים שחושבים שלעבוד לשנות משיכה חד-מינית פירושה שהאדם לא מקבל את עצמו - שהוא רואה את עצמו כלא מקובל.

אבל אתם יודעים מה לא מקובל? הקולות של בושה שאני נושא איתי רוב חיי - קולות שאומרים לי "אתה לא מספיק טוב," "אתה לא יכול לשחק איתנו," "אתה אדם רע," "אני יותר טוב ממך," וכו. אני יכול לשים אצבע על איפה שהקולות האלה נובעים ממנו, ואני יכול להתקומם.

בתור ילד, משום מה לא יכולתי להתקומם. אז ניסיתי לרפא את הכאב על ידי יצירת סיפורים רומנטיים ורגשות מיניות. משיכה חד-מינית נוצרה כדי לעזור לי.

אבל היום, הקולות האלה עדיין מצלצלים לי בראש. והיום אני יכול לבחור, במקום ללכת למקום ארוטי כדי לשכך את הכאב, להתקומם נגד הקולות האלה ולהגן על עצמי ועל הכבוד שלי.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.